Sunday, March 29, 2009

My dream turns into My Jounrey

The dream has been to build a small Timber-Frame house off the grid by myself. The plan is to build this home with a small foot-print and as Eco-friendly as possible. Like so many other people these days, money is very tight so the small foot-print of this home serves many functions. One, I need to build small to fit my budget. Two, it has to be a size that I can build in a reasonable time frame by myself or with minimal help. Three, I want to show people that you don't need to build big to have something nice. And Four, I would like to build it to LEED standards, making a small impact on the environment and resources.


Like so many others, for years I have viewed websites, read books or magazines, clipped out ideas for floor plans, products, or locations. When I travel I am always looking and thinking "this would be a great place to build," but the years go by and the house has remained just "A Dream."


Time to turn this Dream into reality!







No comments:

Post a Comment